Holy Hot Pink!!
This one was so much fun to make and so easy that it's almost a sin that it looks so delicious!
But for all you ladies out there that want to make something that is eye catching for a party, for a snack or just because winter has been way too long. Then this recipe is one that I promise will be the show stopper for any day!
Extra Bonus: Your daughters will absolutely LOVE this one just because it's hot pink. Trust me on this...
What you need to know about this here hummus:
Lemony with a kick of garlic.
Super creamy and flavorful.
Full of vitamins and minerals.
& Perfect with pita or veggies or as a spread.
Once you have a roasted beet it’s a matter of throwing everything into a food processor or blender and whisking away. It also keeps for about a week in the fridge, making it the perfect weekday lunch solution or take-along snack.
Prep time: 10 mins
Total time: 10 mins
- 1 small roasted beet
- 1 15-oz. can (1 3/4 cup) cooked chickpeas, mostly drained
- zest of 1 large lemon
- juice of 1/2 a large lemon
- healthy pinch salt and black pepper
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced (optional; if you don't want to eat it you don't have to add it)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 F remove the stem and most of the root from your beets and scrub and wash them underwater until clean.
- Wrap beets in foil, drizzle with a bit of canola oil, wrap tightly, and roast for one hour or until a knife inserted falls out without resistance. They should be tender. Set in the fridge (in a bowl to catch juice) to cool to room temperature.
- Once your beet is cooled and peeled, quarter it and place it in your food processor. Blend until only small bits remain.
- Add remaining ingredients except for olive oil and blend until smooth.
- Drizzle in olive oil as the hummus is mixing.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more salt, lemon juice, or olive oil if needed. If it’s too thick, add a bit of water.
- Will keep in the fridge for up to a week.
*for some that don't have an hour to roast you can always get some beets out of a can as well. But I promise that roasting them will be your fav!*
Serving size: 1/6 batch Calories: 165 Fat: 12g Carbohydrates: 12g Sugar: 1.2g Fiber: 2.6g Protein: 3.4g